Happy New Year, everyone!
There isn’t a new comic today (unfortunately). But, with it being a brand new year and, heck, a brand new decade, I still wanted to pop in and post something. More specifically, what I want to try and make happen this year.
So, here it is – Drew’s List o’ Goals for 2020.
1. Make it to the gym at least 3 times a week. Weight loss tends to be one of the more common New Year’s Resolutions, and Lord knows it’s been one of mine for the past few years. And, well, it really hasn’t…worked out. So, maybe this is an easier, more concrete goal: get to the gym at least one more time a week. And maybe watch what I eat more. I’m a bored eater – I eat when there’s nothing else to do. So I have to make the effort to watch what goes in my mouth more.
2. 10:00 – all electronics go OFF. The laptop is easy enough. The phone, on the other hand – that’s where I get in trouble. I’ll end up falling down a rabbit hole and the next thing I know, it’s closing in on midnight, when I wanted to go to bed at 11. So it’s time to make the attempt. 10:00 rolls around, and the phone is off. Hopefully this’ll help with my sleeping habits as well.
3. Read read read READ. Going along with the last one, it would probably behoove me to pick up a book and just decompress before I go to sleep. But I also need to read more in general. My book list is getting ridiculous. I’ve got birthday/Christmas books lying around my room that haven’t been touched. It’s kinda sad. Also, I need to break into the myriad of cookbooks I’ve got lying around. I love to look at them, but I really need to use them.
4. Explore more original characters. This is probably the one goal that is most related to I Draw Walruses. I’ve got all these ideas bouncing around in my head for new characters, some that have come about due to Inktober, and I want to get them out there. So, that might be popping up here on IDW and my Instagram. Now, Lars, Eliza, and everyone else – they aren’t going away. Trust me. Just want to give these new guys a bit of spotlight, that’s all. Pretty sure that’s why I made this Christmas story about the Seasons.
5. WRITING. UGH. Another one I say every year. And I barely make an effort to do so. But I’m not letting go of it, because I know I need to do it. Writing is a part of me, and I need to delve into it, to make sure my skills don’t just rust. One of my professors straight up said that we will not write once we graduate – not unless we make the effort.
Damn. He was right.
6. Let’s play some video games. Bit of an odd one. But there are video games that I want to try, and I just haven’t. I could – but instead I end up doing what I always do. YouTube and Reddit. So maybe, when I get bored, I could try something else, like exploring some new games. Or – again, a bit odd – watch some new shows? Or at least catch up on some old ones. I’m still in the second season of one show, and it just released it’s fourth, so I’m waaaaay behind.
And there we go. Goals for the new year. Not resolutions. Goals. I’ve got 12 months ahead of me to try and make these a reality. Have to tell myself that. But I’m looking forward to trying them out!
Here’s to 2020. And here’s to making it an awesome year.